Attorney at Law
Mindi Vervaecke is an Attorney at Law for Wertz Law Firm, P.C. Her practice focuses on Workers' Compensation. Mindi joined the firm in 2021 and is committed to representing injured workers throughout the state of Iowa.
As a 1996 graduate of the University of Iowa Law School with distinction, Mindi has been a member of the Iowa Association of Justice Workers' Compensation Core Group, Continuing Education Committee, Iowa Supreme Court Nominating Commission.
Mindi currently serves as a member of the Iowa Supreme Court Commission on Continuing Legal Education, in addition to her memberships with the Iowa Association of Justice and Iowa Association of Workers' Compensation Attorneys.
Mindi has practiced primarily in the areas of workers’ compensation and personal injury for over 25 years.
Outside of work, Mindi enjoys spending time with her husband and two children. Her hobbies include cycling, running, yoga, rescuing animals, cooking, and travel.
- Admission Details
- 1996, Minnesota
- 1997, Iowa
- 1998, U.S. Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit
- 1999, U.S. District Court, Northern District of Iowa
- 2000, U.S. District Court, Southern District of Iowa
- College: University of Iowa Class of 1993 B.S.
- Law School: Class of 1996 J.D. with distinction
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Member of Iowa Association of Justice
- Member of Iowa Association of Workers’ Compensation attorneys
- Former Iowa Association of Justice Workers’ Compensation Core Group
- Former member of Iowa Association of Justice Continuing Education Committee
- Frequent presenter for continuing legal education
- Former member of the Iowa Supreme Court Nominating Commission
- Current member of the Iowa Supreme Court Commissioner on Continuing Legal Education