This is a complex question. The answer depends on many factors, including, but not limited to the following:
- How serious is your injury?
- Are you able to return to your same job?
- Working with same employer?
- Are you able to work at all?
- How much money will you need from this case?
- Who is on the other side (the insurance company and employer)?
- How does the other side view the case?
- Do the doctors agree about the nature and extent of your injuries?
These are just some of the questions that will dictate how long your particular workers’ compensation case will take. Most of my clients settle their cases without going to trial. Some cases are more difficult and go to trial and all the way through several appeals.
A good attorney obtains justice for his client as quickly as possible. To accomplish this, you need an attorney who cares about and works for you. Many attorneys reverse this role and do not see themselves as the servants of their clients. Interview an attorney before you hire them and decide whether you like this person, and whether he will work for you.
If you are injured and would like to get some answer to your questions, I will be happy to answer any of your questions without any cost to you. To contact me, email me at MDake@Wertzlaw.com or call and ask for Matt Dake at 319-861-3001 or toll-free across the state of Iowa at 888-860-6060.