We Work Hard For Injured Workers.
Thomas M. Wertz
- Workers' Compensation
Some lawyers dabble in many different areas of the law. Not so for Tom Wertz. Shortly after moving into private practice, he turned his focus to workers' compensation and representing injured workers. Wertz quickly recognized the need for experienced attorneys in this specialized field. His commitment has resulted in a legal practice representing injured workers for more than 35 years.
His record before the Iowa Supreme Court has led to major legal changes on behalf of injured workers. These changes include:
• Compensation benefits for tinnitus (ringing in the ears) and acute psychological injuries.
• Home medical care for out-of-state injured workers. These workers no longer have to travel to Iowa for care.
• Required reevaluations by insurance companies. They must now revisit denied claims when new information is received.
• Compensation cannot be reduced because of pre-existing limitations on employment.
- University of Tulsa College of Law, Tulsa, Oklahoma
- University of Iowa
- Iowa Association for Justice, President
- Workers' Compensation Section of the Iowa Association of Justice, Chair
- Iowa Bar Association, Governing Council
Current Employment Position
- Attorney at Law