Lawyers Representing Workers Injured In Any Workplace Setting
Working in the United States today is much safer, on average, than at any other time in history. Nonetheless, no job is entirely safe, and accidents can happen in any workplace. When they do, many people turn to a knowledgeable workers’ compensation lawyer for help with their claim.
In Iowa, you can find the assistance you’re looking for by contacting Wertz Law Firm, P.C. Our two attorneys have more than 60 years of combined legal experience, and our practice is dedicated to workers’ compensation law. We are ready to help you obtain the benefits you need and deserve.
Construction Work Remains One Of The Most Dangerous Professions
Working in construction is both very taxing on the body and dangerous. For this reason, it is associated with the highest risk of both acute (immediate) and cumulative injuries. Examples include:
- Concussions and traumatic brain injuries caused by falling or swinging objects
- Electric shock and burn injuries
- Crushed limbs related to use of dangerous machinery
- Damaged hearing and tinnitus due to excessive noise exposure
The list above is only a sample of the seemingly endless injuries associated with construction. Some of the most complex workers’ comp claims are those in which a worker has suffered multiple injuries in the same accident. Our experienced attorneys are very familiar with how to pursue multiple injury claims, and we may also be able to help you seek compensation under Iowa’s Second Injury Fund.
Injuries Common In Transportation And Delivery, Factories And Industrial Settings
Plenty of jobs outside of construction are also physically demanding and can be dangerous. Those who work in factories, warehouses, and in transportation or delivery are at risk of:
- Musculoskeletal injuries (such as injuries to the shoulders, hips and knees) caused by frequent lifting, bending and reaching
- Injuries to the neck and back, whether acute or cumulative
- Illnesses and diseases caused by exposure to toxic chemicals and mold
- Numerous injuries suffered in work-related car accidents
It’s important to note that workers’ compensation isn’t limited to new workplace injuries. You may be able to file a claim if a pre-existing injury or condition was exacerbated (made worse) by the demands of your job.
Workplace Injuries Can Occur Anywhere, Even At The Office
There’s no disputing the fact a desk job is far safer than most other types of work. However, no job is entirely free from the risk of injury. If an injury is work-related, it is likely eligible for workers’ compensation. Our attorneys can help you file a claim for things like:
- Repetitive stress injuries impacting the hands and arms, including carpel tunnel syndrome
- Slip-and-fall accidents, resulting in broken bones and/or head injuries
- Development or exacerbation of mental health issues like depression
While workers’ comp typically does not cover accidents that occur while commuting to or from the office, you may be eligible if you were injured while traveling for work or while running errands for your manager/employer.
Discover How We Can Help You During A Free Consultation
Wertz Law Firm, P.C., is based in Cedar Rapids, and we represent clients throughout Iowa. To take advantage of a free initial consultation about your legal options, call us today at 319-774-2687 or reach out online.