Work Injury Medical Treatment

If you've been injured at work, report the injury to your employer immediately.

Your employer--or its workers' compensation insurance company--can choose the physician who provides initial treatment for your injury claim. If your injury is work-related, the employer or its insurance company is responsible for paying for all medical treatment recommended by its physicians, including any diagnostic tests or prescription medications.

One common problem is that employers may not "authorize" you to see any doctor after an injury. If your employer will not send you to a physician for treatment, you should contact an experienced workers' compensation attorney.

In the meantime, document everything you can. Save all your paperwork, receipts, bills, and email correspondence. The more information you have, the stronger your case.

Another issue we see occurs when a company doctor recommends certain treatment, but the employer or insurance company will not authorize that treatment. This routinely happens when doctors order additional testing, prescribe medication, or refer injured workers to a specialist. If the care being recommended by the company doctor is not being promptly provided, contact the experienced Iowa workers' compensation attorneys at Wertz Law Firm.

Contact Us

Contact Wertz Law Firm today for a free case evaluation at 319-861-3001.

Contact Us